WELCOME TOGOVERNMENT INSTITUTE OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY, GUNTURVision of Institute To emerge as a reputed Diploma institute of Textile Technology providing competent textile professionals to serve the needs of Textile industry globally. Mission of Institute
- To implement innovative, practical and skill oriented learning curriculum.
- To develop state of the art Laboratories and Infrastructure.
- To improve communicative competency and value based education.
- To create healthy, competitive, standard academic ambience.
- To perform as highly professional, well trained committed teachers and supporting staff.
- Implement one year internship under sandwich pattern and excel as an autonomous institute.
- Efficient placement cell, take full support of Alumni and to develop entrepreneur skills of Students.
- To obtain all needful state level, national level and global recognition and accreditation for achieving global standards of excellence in Textile technology at diploma level.
- Textile Technology course is tagged as rare Engineering course for studies but it is the second core sector after agriculture in India.
- The textile sector employs about 35 million people. It is only second after agriculture in employability.
- The employability share of textiles in India is 21%. This sector is expected to employ around 50 to 60 million people in the next five years.
- The Textile Sector contributes around 14% to Industrial production, 4% to GDP and 17% to country exports.
- The Textile Industry is growing at 9 to 10 % with Indian economy.
- Indian Textile Industry presently enjoys a share of 4.7% in world market of Textiles and Clothing.
- India is second largest Textiles producer in the World with strong cotton base. It is second largest in silk, cellulosic fibres/yarn, raw cotton and fourth in synthetic fibre/yarn in world rankings.
- Supply chain in textiles â Indian Textile and clothing Industry has one of most complex and long supply chain in the world. It includes
- If the supply chain is long then it directly correlates more employability of man power.
- In Andhra Pradesh Textile sector is dominated by handlooms and Spinning mills. The spinning mills are mainly located in Guntur, Krishna, East Godavari, Chittoor and in Ananthapur districts.
- The Textile Diploma holder in the spinning sector of Andhra Pradesh enters as trainee supervisor and within 15 to 20 years reachs to the post of General Manager of spinning mill.
- The salaries at entry level are ten to twelve thousand per month and average salary of General Manager in mills is 1.5 lakh per month.
- The department offers courses in Sciences (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) and Humanities (English) to the 1 St Year students of DTT (SW) program.
- In addition to above the department offers Computer Fundamentals, CISCO, Communication skills and Life skills to the II semester, IV semester and VII semester students respectively.
- The department is well equipped for all the Science and Soft skill labs.
- Besides the primary job of teaching, the faculty has been publishing Research papers in several national and International Journals of respective fields.
- Faculty also published some Text books for subjects related to General section.
Facilities We Offer
Collection of materials, books or media that are accessible for use.
Formalised teaching but with the help of electronic resources.
An individual or group activity pursued for exercise or pleasure.
Appropriate skills development, gender parity, provision of relevant school infrastructure.